Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm looking forward to spring break.

I'm going to break one of the first rules of blogging. I'm posting a blog to let you know that I'm going to post a blog. I've been working on a blog about Bali, but as expected, there are very many details that have slipped into the recesses of my mind. I do plan on posting it soon.

School has gone well. I've been studying for exams, which I am taking all this week. I have been experiencing a lot of tension headaches lately...the ones that go around the back of the base of my skull. If I close my eyes and relax for a minute, they go away fairly quickly. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that I've been burning the candle at both ends with school, work and play. You're right. Fortunately, though, my priorities have been in order, and I feel confident about my exams.

I will be spending a few days in Pensacola to visit with my friends Devin and Jeff during spring break. I am leaving next Saturday, coming back on Wednesday, when I will be whisked away to parts unknown for some serious rest and relaxation with David. I am so looking forward to Friday afternoon when exams are over, and I can think about putting stress aside for a short while.

My Camry has not gotten away from me yet. I thought I'd mention that. I learned how to shift into neutral the first day. :D

And Jerry, you're right. I can find the snooze button in the dark, eyes closed, half asleep from 3 feet away, yet unable to find the keys I know are in my pocket! Now I'll go measure my thumb. Second thought, maybe I better not!

I'll close with a question. What in the world is an egg cream?

2 comments:

  1. Oooo I like this look. I am well aware of the headaches you mentioned. You know, it will all be over before you know it -- but for now, it's time to take some time off for some R&R. I know just the place. I'm looking forward to your visit. Devin will be here. Oh yeah. I'll be working. hahaha yeah, shifting into neutral seems pretty basic to me.

    What? Egg cream? Your mom is a Jersey girl. She knows. I could get so mean and say something about every night, sheets, etc. No, wait. It's chocolate syrup in seltzer -- no egg and no cream. Go figure. I think it's actually a New York thing, but you can fight that one.

    See ya Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have David massage your neck -- who cares if it cures the headache -- it'll feel good.

    Wish I'd known about your Pensacola trip earlier. I drive there every three months (it's only about five hours away) and was just there last month. Maybe next time!

    An "egg Cream" was a very popular drink in the New York area in the 1950's and served as a fountain drink in almost every candy store. It's made with 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup seltzer, and about three tablespoons of chocolate syrup. Was usually served in a small Coke glass. Ironically, it contained neither egg nor cream.

    As far as studying, remember what I've told you in the past: the more you study the more you know; the more you know the more you forget; the more you forget the less you know -- so why study? LOL

    Forget the thumb and measure your forefinger -- then you'll really have stories to tell. LMAO

    Best Wishes,
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete