Monday, February 1, 2010

Current Thoughts

I'm still trying to find a blog home on the net, so if you're here as one of my readers, thanks. I will try to keep you informed as to where my permanent blogging home will be.

I want to first thank you for giving me your email addresses. I have tried to stay in touch with a couple of friends, and I've asked that they pass along the information that I will be sending out an email to you all. I thank you for your understanding and your patience.

I am not allowed to discuss the current litigation in progress. Let me assure you that while I am not in any legal trouble, the details of the current litigation are not to be discussed. Please don't ask me any specific questions as I will not respond. I understand your concern, but I have been advised by council not to discuss this case.

I have been told to expect the possibility that my online activities will be monitored. There is nothing concrete to offer me proof that my online activities are currently being monitored, but this has become a possibility as well as a concern. I fully expect my computer to be confiscated again, and I am ready for it. There is nothing of an incriminating nature on my computer. I do not have any copyrighted images or other web images on my computer. I have removed all personal blogging information. I ask again that you don't ask me for specific information in that regard. (This is the worst case scenario only. It probably is not happening nor will happen.)

There is some news that I would like to share with you. I have made arrangements to return to Bali at the end of July. I will be there for a period of four months. At the end of that term I can opt to extend my stay. This is the experience of a lifetime. My task will be to teach Conversational English to local people who have learned English but can't effectively communicate in English. Now, there has been one twist to this that has me even more excited. At the present time, we are approximately 99% sure that David will be going with me. His boss has assured him that his job at the restaurant will be there when he returns. What's even more amazing is how his boss not only allowed his leave of absence but encouraged it. David has told me how much the boss thinks of me, and as a gesture of hope and good will, he is allowing David to go for four months. Do I have to tell you how excited this makes me? I will be posting more information about this in the very near future.

With the exception of some turbulence in my life at the present time, I am doing my best to keep a positive attitude. This should not interfere with my Bali plans, as this would make a lot of people look pretty inhumane, but as I have learned in the past, being inhumane is a good way to break someone down. I refuse to be buffaloed.

I am going to end this now. I like how this works and I like how it looks, so maybe this will work. Once I figure out the best way to pass along the URL, or figure it out, I will go live with this.

Thank you all for your understanding. I fear I might have made one or two people mad at me by deleting my Myspace account, but I need to tell you the truth and say that that's the least of my worries. I know I lost friends over the months of relative silence, but I have told you why I was silent. Let's face it. It's my life and I have to live it.

I will be blogging here, so if there is a button for clicking to get notices that I updated, click it. Peace out and thank you.

1 comment:

  1. What began as a comment to your own blog has ended up as a blog entry of my own (http://n1spirit.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-worth-following.html). Let's face facts; you know me! I am long-winded usually have far too much to say. It's a fault, I admit that has often been my downfall. But you also know that I care about you very much; you're an inspiration and I think you will see that if you follow the link (above) and read what I wrote about you. And Michael, you've shared enough since we became friends, for me to understand just why you feel as you do about MySpace… Furthermore, anyone who "knows you" who is unwilling to give you the benefit of the doubt and understand that you have had good reasons for your actions, does not deserve your friendship. I'm THRILLED to hear that David will be able to go to Bali with you! I know how difficult it is when the two of you are apart and I think it's wonderful he will have the opportunity to be there, right by your side. This will be something that the both of you will look back upon as a treasured moment. (Just behave yourselves!) Yeah, right… Like I think that is going to happen. LOL You know that I love you as I would a younger brother so here's me sending you, David, your mom and the rest of your family many heartfelt hugs. Just keep on being true to yourself and all of the rest of the world will think every bit as highly of you as I do.

    Namaste,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete